Performing an LCD Test on the Sonic Mighty 4K
Before printing, you may need to check the status of your Sonic Mighty 4K’s LCD screen. This is to ensure that both the UV lights and the 9.3” Mono-LCD screen are functioning properly. We will guide you through the steps of performing an LCD test and how you can read it:
*Caution! DO NOT look directly into the light. Improper exposure to UV light may cause painful eye and/or skin injuries.
Step 1: LCD TEST
1. On the touch panel, click TOOLS, then click LCD TEST
2. A white rectangle with black sides will appear on the touch panel.
3. On the LCD screen, a 15.5 cm x 10 cm bright blue square will appear. Run this test to make sure that the image shown on the LCD screen matches the one shown on the touch panel.
Step 2: VAT CLEANING
1. Click TOOLS, then click VAT CLEANING.
2. On the touch panel, a white rectangle will appear.
3. On the LCD screen, an approximately 20 cm x 12.5 cm bright blue square will appear, while the entire screen is illuminated. Run this test to make sure the UV lights are distributed evenly.
After making sure everything is functioning correctly, you’re all set to proceed to the next step: Z-axis Calibration.